- Carmit Bachar
- Cheech Marin - Richard Anthony "Cheech" Marin (born July 13, 1946)
- Doc Holliday
- Geoff Plant
- Jesse Jackson - Jesse Louis Jackson, Sr.
- Joaquin Rafael Phoenix
- Joe Mele
- Jose Ferrer
- Jurgen Habermas
- Lee Raymond
- Ljubo Milicevic
- Louis Wain
- Michael Helm
- Nikki Payne
- Peyton Manning
- Richard Hawley - (born Richard Willis Hawley)
- Rita MacNeil
- Stacy Keach - (born Walter Stacy Keach, Jr.)
- Tad Lincoln - Thomas "Tad" Lincoln
- Thomas Malthus - Thomas Robert Malthus (13 February 1766 - 23 December 1834)
- Tim Lott
- Tutankhamun - (1341 BC - 1323 BC)
- Wendy Harmer
Famous People With a Cleft
- Publish Date: 2017/11/10 - (Rev. 2018/10/12)
- Author: Disabled World
- Contact : www.disabled-world.com
Outline: List of well known people with a cleft a congenital deformity caused by a failure in facial development during pregnancy.
Cleft lip and cleft palate, which can also occur together as cleft lip and palate are variations of a type of clefting congenital deformity caused by abnormal facial development during gestation. This type of deformity is sometimes referred to as a cleft.
Cleft: A sub-division in the body's natural structure, regularly formed before birth. A cleft lip or palate can be successfully treated with surgery soon after birth. The term hare lip is sometimes used colloquially to describe the condition.
Cleft lip: Formed in the top of the lip as either a small gap or an indentation in the lip (partial or incomplete cleft) or continues into the nose (complete cleft).
Cleft palate: A condition in which the two plates of the skull that form the hard palate (roof of the mouth) are not completely joined. The soft palate is in these cases cleft as well. In most cases, cleft lip is also present. Cleft palate occurs in about one in 700 live births worldwide.
Cleft lips or palates occur in somewhere between one in 600-800 births. Cleft lip and palate is very treatable, however the kind of treatment depends on the type and severity of the cleft. A cleft palate or cleft lip is nothing to be ashamed of or to fear. Thanks to modern technology cleft palate surgery is safer than ever before and can help a child make a full recovery.
NOTE: If you know of a discrepancy in this list please contact us so we can amend the entry.
- 1 - Famous People Who Have or Had Asperger's Syndrome | Michelle Fattig | 2017/11/10
- 2 - Famous People Who Had and Have Polio | Disabled World | 2017/11/10
- 3 - Art and Disability | Marcy Hernandez, Founder/Artist The International Association of Artists With Disabilities; Gracie’s Place Art Studio | 2019/09/11
- 4 - Famous People Who Died from Head and Neck Cancer | Disabled World | 2019/08/13
- 5 - Famous People Who Have or Had Lou Gehrigs Disease (ALS) | Disabled World | 2017/11/10