- Carmit Bachar
- Cheech Marin - Richard Anthony "Cheech" Marin (born July 13, 1946)
- Doc Holliday
- Geoff Plant
- Jesse Jackson - Jesse Louis Jackson, Sr.
- Joaquin Rafael Phoenix
- Joe Mele
- Jose Ferrer
- Jurgen Habermas
- Lee Raymond
- Ljubo Milicevic
- Louis Wain
- Michael Helm
- Nikki Payne
- Peyton Manning
- Richard Hawley - (born Richard Willis Hawley)
- Rita MacNeil
- Stacy Keach - (born Walter Stacy Keach, Jr.)
- Tad Lincoln - Thomas "Tad" Lincoln
- Thomas Malthus - Thomas Robert Malthus (13 February 1766 - 23 December 1834)
- Tim Lott
- Tutankhamun - (1341 BC - 1323 BC)
- Wendy Harmer
Famous People With a Cleft
Synopsis: List of well known people with a cleft a congenital deformity caused by a failure in facial development during pregnancy.1
Author: Disabled World Contact: www.disabled-world.com
Published: 2017-11-10 Updated: 2018-10-12
Cleft lip and cleft palate, which can also occur together as cleft lip and palate are variations of a type of clefting congenital deformity caused by abnormal facial development during gestation. This type of deformity is sometimes referred to as a cleft.
Cleft: A sub-division in the body's natural structure, regularly formed before birth. A cleft lip or palate can be successfully treated with surgery soon after birth. The term hare lip is sometimes used colloquially to describe the condition.
Cleft lip: Formed in the top of the lip as either a small gap or an indentation in the lip (partial or incomplete cleft) or continues into the nose (complete cleft).
Cleft palate: A condition in which the two plates of the skull that form the hard palate (roof of the mouth) are not completely joined. The soft palate is in these cases cleft as well. In most cases, cleft lip is also present. Cleft palate occurs in about one in 700 live births worldwide.
Cleft lips or palates occur in somewhere between one in 600-800 births. Cleft lip and palate is very treatable, however the kind of treatment depends on the type and severity of the cleft. A cleft palate or cleft lip is nothing to be ashamed of or to fear. Thanks to modern technology cleft palate surgery is safer than ever before and can help a child make a full recovery.
NOTE: If you know of a discrepancy in this list please contact us so we can amend the entry.
- 1: Famous People with Tourettes Syndrome : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 2: Famous People with Autism Spectrum Disorders : Disabled World (2014/01/29)
- 3: Famous People That Use or Used Wheelchairs in the Past : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 4: Famous People Who Have or Had Parkinson's Disease : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
- 5: List of Physically Disabled World Leaders and Politicians : Disabled World (2015/05/04)
- 6: Art and Disability : Marcy Hernandez, Founder/Artist The International Association of Artists With Disabilities; Gracie’s Place Art Studio (2019/09/11)
- 7: Famous Well Known People with Hearing Impairments and Deafness : Disabled World (2017/11/10)
Disclaimer: Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.
Disclosure: Disabled World is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. View our Advertising Policy for further information.
Journal: Disabled World. Language: English (U.S.). Author: Disabled World. Electronic Publication Date: 2017-11-10. Last Revised Date: 2018-10-12. Reference Title: Famous People With a Cleft, Source: <a href=https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/awareness/famous/cleft.php>Famous People With a Cleft</a>. Abstract: List of well known people with a cleft a congenital deformity caused by a failure in facial development during pregnancy. Retrieved 2021-02-26, from https://www.disabled-world.com/disability/awareness/famous/cleft.php - Reference Category Number: DW#511-13112.