Vancouver 2010 Revises Paralympic Alpine Event Schedule
Author: Vancouver Organizing Committee For The 2010 Olympic And Paralympic Winter Games
Published: 2010-03-14 : (Rev. 2011-01-11)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Vancouver 2010 revises Paralympic alpine event schedule due to weather conditions.
Main DigestVancouver 2010 revises Paralympic alpine event schedule due to forecasted weather conditions; tickets valid for date on ticket.
As a result of current and forecasted weather through the 2010 Paralympic Winter Games, the Vancouver Organizing Committee for the 2010 Olympic and Paralympic Winter Games (VANOC) and the International Paralympic Committee (IPC) have adjusted the alpine competition event schedule at Whistler Creekside. Tickets remain valid for the date for which they were purchased.
Each alpine competition discipline has its own distinct technical and weather requirements, so race directors have adjusted the race schedule to best align with the forecasted weather for the coming week. Technical events such as slalom and GS can tolerate the lower visibility weather conditions currently forecast for the early part of this week, whereas the speed events such as downhill and Super G require colder, clearer weather forecast for later in the week.
1) Tickets valid for the date on the ticket:
Tickets for alpine competitions remain valid for the date on the event ticket, even though the specific event for each day has been adjusted. "While the competition taking place on each respective day differs from the original competition schedule, spectators will still experience world-class athletes competing in a spectacular alpine competition venue and inspirational performances are guaranteed," said Tim Gayda, Vice President of Sport with VANOC. "Thanks to everyone for their patience and understanding of the challenges of winter weather and outdoor sport. We appreciate the enthusiasm and interest that the Paralympic Games are generating and can now confirm an additional day of exciting alpine competition on Wednesday, March 17th" Tickets are still available for all alpine events including the new event on March 17th and can be purchased at any ticket box office or by phone at 1-800-TICKETS (1-800-842-5387).
2) Ticket exchanges:
Spectators may exchange their event ticket to the rescheduled date of their specific competition session and must do so at least one day before the date on the ticket. Ticket exchanges are subject to session availability.
3) Refunds for tickets for March 13 Alpine competition
Following several on-venue delays, the March 13th alpine competition was ultimately postponed, therefore downhill event tickets purchased through Vancouver 2010 for Saturday, March 13th will be refunded.
Affected event account holders will receive refunds following the conclusion of the 2010 Winter Games. Refunds will not be issued at ticket box offices.
This cancellation and refund will affect approximately 3,000 spectators. Ticket prices for the event are $15.
Spectators with questions can visit www.vancouver2010.com or call 1.800.TICKETS.
- 1 - Paralympics Biathlon - Adaptive Skiing and Shooting : Joe Macmillan and Irma Mac Millan (2008/12/23)
- 2 - U.S. National Sled Hockey Team Earns Olympic Committee Honors : USA Hockey (2010/01/24)
- 3 - Schools Learn About 2010 Games with Digital Technology : UBC Faculty of Education (2010/02/13)
- 4 - Donate Sell or Buy Olympic and Paralympic Games Tickets : VANOC (2009/12/28)
- 5 - 2010 Paralympics Games - The Sports : Joe Macmillan and Irma Mac Millan (2008/12/22)
- 6 - Paralympic Event Times - 14 Mar 2010 : Disabled World (2010/03/10)
- 7 - Paralympic Events and Times - 15 Mar 2010 : Disabled World (2010/03/10)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.