Poetry Book Guides Readers on Journey of Self-Discovery
Author: Ramona Harvey
In her debut book Unclipped Wings author Ramona Harvey brings readers on a journey of self-discovery.
Main DigestImportance of relationships, perseverance emphasized in collection of poetry.
A new book maintains that by coming to understand ourselves, we have the ability to make a difference in the world not by chance, but by choice.
In her debut book Unclipped Wings , author Ramona Harvey brings readers on a journey of self-discovery in a poignant book of poetry that aims to deliver the ultimately positive message that all people matter. Relatable and honest, the intimate collection of poetry addresses the ups and downs of life that everyone will inevitably experience, and offers readers a comfortable outlet for personal introspection.
"In many ways, it acts like a mirror allowing people to see and understand themselves better," says Harvey. "When people connect to it, they also learn they are not alone."
Humble and sometimes humorous, Unclipped Wings is a thought-provoking read that does not mask the fact that life is difficult. An inspiring book of poetry meant for even the self-described "poetically challenged," the book communicates the overall message that all people have value and can positively contribute to the world around them.
"People of all ability levels have value," says Harvey. "I have lived my entire life with a disability, which has given me a great deal of insight into the world around me. But my disability does not define me."
Unclipped Wings book cover
Aiming to inspire and empower readers with persistence and perseverance for life's unpredictable certainties, Unclipped Wings encourages readers to gain an understanding of the impact they have on those around them, and to appreciate relationships even when times are tough.
"Unconditional love is an invaluable healing tool, especially in an imperfect world," says Harvey. "This is about figuring out who you are, and being OK with it."
About the author - A disability advocate, Ramona Harvey has both personal and professional experience in the field of disabilities. She has spoken at numerous national conferences including Abilities Expo's and the World Congress on Disabilities. She is a member of the National Disability Sports Alliance and the disability rights activist organization ADAPT, and is a lifetime volunteer of Easter Seals.
Harvey holds a Bachelor's degree in psychology from DePauw University in Greencastle, Ind., and is a graduate of the University of Denver Publishing Institute. This is her first book.
- 1 - COVID-19... Leave The World Now! A Poem by Flora Aguasa : Flora Aguasa (2020/03/31)
- 2 - A Voice of a Forlorn Blind Woman : Flora Aguasa (2020/03/31)
- 3 - National Poetry Contest Winners - Disability in the Workplace : Fedcap (2010/04/19)
- 4 - Disability Poem by Nancy Hall : Nancy Hall (2018/11/14)
- 5 - Poems by Flora Aguasa : Flora Aguasa (2018/09/08)
- 6 - Poems: Cranky Old Man : Crabbit Old Woman : A Nurses Reply : Disabled World (2017/01/20)
- 7 - Did Elizabeth Barrett Browning Have Hypokalemic Periodic Paralysis : Penn State (2011/12/20)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.