Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution Huntington America
Author: Disabled World
Published: 2010-04-18 : (Rev. 2011-04-16)
Synopsis and Key Points:
Jamie Oliver in Huntington America to start a food revolution by highlighting problems of unhealthy eating at home and in American schools.
Main DigestJamie Oliver, Britain's celebrity chef from the UK's "The Naked Chef" TV series, is in America to start a revolution by highlighting the problems of unhealthy eating both at home and in American schools.
The impassioned chef, TV personality and best-selling author is determined to take on the high statistics of obesity, heart disease and diabetes in Huntington, West Virginia, America, where the nation's children are the first generation not expected to live as long as their parents. Jamie Oliver is inviting viewers to take a stand and change the way America eats, at home, in schools and workplaces, with this thought-provoking new TV series.
Though french fries count as vegetables according to the whoever's in charge of the Huntington, West Virginia school food program, renowned British chef Jamie Oliver kindly disagrees. Huntington had recently been singled out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention as the nation's unhealthiest. Jamie Oliver hopes to help get Huntington off that list and start a chain reaction of positive change across America.
Oliver says, "The time is right for people to rediscover the sense of pride, satisfaction and fun you can get from cooking for the people you love. There's an incredible community in Huntington, and I want this experience to be a celebration of what we can achieve when people come together. I want to prove that turning around the epidemic of obesity and bad health doesn't have to be boring or dull in the slightest. Wonderful stories will unfold in Huntington, and hopefully this will inspire the rest of the States.
Jamie Oliver is the author of nine popular cookbooks, including The Naked Chef, Cook with Jamie, Jamie at Home, and Jamie's Food Revolution: Rediscover How to Cook Simple, Delicious, Affordable Meals.
"Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution," commenced March 26th 2010 on the ABC Television Network. The series is produced by Ryan Seacrest Productions and Fresh One Productions. If you missed any, or all, of the previous episodes of Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution you can watch them online at - www.hulu.com/jamie-olivers-food-revolution
Executive producers of "Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution" are Jamie Oliver, Ryan Seacrest and Craig Armstrong ("Extreme Makeover: Home Edition").
If you care about the health of your children and the food they eat sign Jamie's petition to save cooking skills and improve school food (www.jamieoliver.com/campaigns/jamies-food-revolution/petition) to show you care, as Jamie would like to take his petition to the White House to show the President and First lady how many people really care and ask for their support.
- 1: List of Healthy Food You Should be Eating : Michelle Toole (2010/06/09)
- 2: Fruit, Vegetables, Grains and Nuts Help Lower Stroke Risk : American Heart Association (2014/10/31)
- 3: Health Consequences of Malnutrition : Thomas C. Weiss (2016/01/22)
- 4: Health Benefits of Beet Juice for Muscles : Penn State (2015/01/21)
- 5: Making a Healthier Homemade Pizza : Thomas C. Weiss (2015/01/20)
- 6: Diet Soda and Artificial Sweeteners Bad For Health : Thomas C. Weiss (2014/04/08)
- 7: Eggs and Cholesterol Good for You or Not? : Thomas C. Weiss (2016/01/12)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.