Songbird Hearing Launches Songbird Clear Sound Enhancement Product
Author: Songbird Hearing Inc.
Synopsis and Key Points:
Songbird Clear is a high-quality low-cost sound enhancement device available at retail for consumers who want to sharpen their hearing in hard-to-hear situations.
Main DigestRevolutionary Songbird Clear Sound Enhancement Device Enables Consumers to Hear More Clearly in Challenging Situations.
Songbird Hearing Inc., a leading developer and manufacturer of high-quality, low-cost hearing devices, today announced the launch of its Songbird® Clear sound enhancement device to consumers online and through leading retailers nationwide. Songbird Clear is the world's first high-quality, low-cost sound enhancement device available at retail for consumers who want to sharpen their hearing in hard-to-hear situations.
"There have been millions of sound enhancement devices purchased to date, and while they are very inexpensive, they are generally of poor quality," said Christopher DiCostanzo, President and CEO, Songbird Hearing, Inc. "We want to use our technology to change that. Songbird Clear is the first high-quality, low-cost option that uses digital sound processing based on Texas Instruments technology, along with high quality components, to provide outstanding sound quality with low distortion unmatched by any other sound enhancement device."
DiCostanzo added, "We all have times in our lives when we would like to hear more clearly. With Songbird Clear, consumers can better enjoy the sounds around them - whether in movie theaters, lecture halls, religious services, social events, business meetings or when watching TV at low volumes."
Songbird Clear's compact behind-the-ear design makes it virtually invisible when worn, and an adjustable cord and soft tip ensure a comfortable and personal fit. The product's built-in sound processor adjusts to make soft sounds louder and clearer while keeping loud sounds from getting too loud and distorted. Songbird Clear has a patented compression circuit that automatically limits sounds that exceed safe levels.
Invented by Sarnoff Corporation (formerly RCA Labs), Songbird Clear was developed in the same research lab where some of the world's leading consumer technology innovations, such as HDTV and Digital Satellite TV, have been created. Songbird Clear is ready to use right out of the box - simply insert a battery, turn it on and hear hard-to-hear sounds more clearly.
Songbird Clear is now available in CVS stores in Los Angles, San Diego, Phoenix, and Las Vegas, and will expand to over 1,000 stores nationwide this summer. The product is also available at www.cvs.com. For more information consumers can visit www.songbirdclear.com or call 1-800-898-3885.
According to the Better Hearing Institute (BHI), as of June 2010 there were approximately 1,237,700 people using personal sound amplification products in the US.
About Songbird® Hearing Inc. - Songbird® is a leading developer and manufacturer of hearing devices that provide consumers with affordable options to help them hear better without having to sacrifice sound quality. Our high quality hearing devices are based on Texas Instruments technology, and deliver outstanding sound quality comparable to much more expensive devices. Our products are convenient, safe, easy-to-use and offered with superior levels of customer service that empower users to improve their quality of life. Songbird® is also the maker of the world's first and only disposable hearing device.
- 1 - Cat-Like Hearing with Device Trillions Times Smaller Than Human Eardrum : Case Western Reserve University (2018/03/30)
- 2 - FCC: Hearing Aid Compatibility for Wireless Voice Technology : Federal Communications Commission (FCC) (2015/12/21)
- 3 - Bluetooth Technology for Hard of Hearing People : Wendy Taormina-Weiss (2012/05/15)
- 4 - Rechargeable Batteries for Hearing Aids : ZPower (2016/02/07)
- 5 - ReSound Creates Revolutionary Design in Custom Hearing Aids : ReSound (2011/01/04)
- 6 - Hearing Aids: How They Work, Types and Reviews : Disabled World (2009/01/17)
- 7 - Cochlear Implants: Making Music Sound Better : Columbia University Medical Center (2016/02/26)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.