Bank of America Completes Installation of Talking ATMs
Author: Bank of America
- Visually impaired customers can now access more than 18000 Bank of America ATMs.
Main DigestMaintains Leadership Role in Services for Visually Impaired Customers...
As part of its long-standing commitment to customers with visual impairments, Bank of America today announced that every Bank of America ATM in the country has been equipped with voice-enabled technology. Visually impaired customers can now access more than 18,000 Bank of America ATMs, the largest network of bank-owned ATMs in the U.S.
Talking ATMs provide audible instructions in English or Spanish to persons who cannot view information on an ATM screen. These machines make it easier for people with visual impairments to withdraw cash, deposit money and perform other ATM transactions. The ATMs have audio jacks that deliver spoken instructions privately through standard headsets to protect the security of users who are blind or have low-vision.
"Bank of America has long been a leader in understanding the needs of blind and low-vision banking customers," said Jeff Thom, president of the California Council of the Blind, an affiliate of the Arlington, Virginia-based American Council of the Blind. "From talking ATMs, to accessible online banking, to Braille bank statements, we are proud to have partnered with Bank of America for almost 15 years."
In 2001, Bank of America was the first bank in the United States to announce a comprehensive plan to install talking ATMs across the country. The bank was also the first to make its Web site and online banking conform to Web accessibility standards.
"Bank of America is pleased to offer talking functionality in over 18,000 ATMs across the country," said Rob Aulebach, ATM Channel Management executive. "This is just one of many services we continue to offer to our visually impaired customers. We are proud to offer innovative solutions at our ATMs so all of our customers have the control and choice to manage their everyday finances effectively."
In addition to talking ATMs, Bank of America is the first major bank to equip all of its deposit-accepting ATMs throughout the country with deposit imaging technology. This technology is now available at 13,800 Bank of America ATMs. Deposit Image ATMs allow customers to feed checks and cash directly into the ATM slot, eliminating the need to fill out deposit slips and stuff envelopes. For cash deposits, customers can deposit up to 40 bills at a time and receive immediate credit if the transaction is made on a business day by 8 p.m., subject to certain exceptions explained in our account agreements. Deposit Image ATMs calculate deposits automatically and display information on-screen or via audio for verification.
To locate a Bank of America ATM, visit www.bankofamerica.com.
California Council of the Blind - California Council of the Blind is a state-wide consumer-based advocacy organization working on behalf of blind and visually impaired Americans. CCB and its members are dedicated to improving the quality of life, equality of opportunity and independence of all people who have visual impairments. CCB has a long history of commitment to the advancement of policies and programs which will enhance independence for people who are blind and visually impaired. CCB has been working with Bank of America for nearly fifteen years on issues of banking accessibility, and issued its first press release about Bank of America Talking ATMs in 2000. More information about CCB and about Talking ATMs can be found by visiting www.ccbnet.org and lflegal.com/category/talking-atms/
Bank of America -Bank of America is one of the world's largest financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses and large corporations with a full range of banking, investing, asset management and other financial and risk management products and services. The company provides unmatched convenience in the United States, serving approximately 59 million consumer and small business relationships with 6,000 retail banking offices, more than 18,000 ATMs and award-winning online banking with nearly 30 million active users. Bank of America is among the world's leading wealth management companies and is a global leader in corporate and investment banking and trading across a broad range of asset classes serving corporations, governments, institutions and individuals around the world. Bank of America offers industry-leading support to more than 4 million small business owners through a suite of innovative, easy-to-use online products and services. The company serves clients in more than 150 countries. Bank of America Corporation stock (NYSE: BAC) is a component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- 1 - Wearable Artificial Vision Device May Help Legally Blind to Read : American Academy of Ophthalmology (2016/10/28)
- 2 - First Artificial Iris Gets FDA Approval : U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) (2018/06/11)
- 3 - Acesight Electronic Glasses for Visually Impaired : Acesight (2019/01/04)
- 4 - Aira Visual Interpreter for the Blind and Visually Impaired : Disabled World (2017/01/05)
- 5 - New Artificial Retinas Use 2D Materials : American Chemical Society (ACS) (2018/08/25)
- 6 - RightHear: Orientation and Navigation System for Blind and Visually Impaired : RightHear (2018/08/20)
- 7 - Robotic Object Recognition to Aid Blind and Visually Impaired : University of Nevada, Reno (2015/12/19)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.