Accessible Rotating Garden Containers
Author: Kathy Burrows
Published: 2010-02-28 : (Rev. 2017-12-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
The Rotating Garden is an accessible garden for people in wheelchairs seniors and people with disabilities.
Ornamental Brass Works (OBW) presents their new "Rotating Garden". Mr. Don Bundy designed the new Rotating Garden sitting at the kitchen table one morning for his wife (Caroline), who has had numerous knee surgeries, and can't bend like she use to.
Mr. Don Bundy designed the new Rotating Garden sitting at the kitchen table one morning for his wife (Caroline), who has had numerous knee surgeries, and can't bend like she use to. Caroline told her husband who has been in the manufacturing business for years. Why don't you come up with something that will help me? That is when the Rotating Garden began to take shape.
Mr. Bundy designed and has started production on the Rotating Garden (patent pending).
OBW manufactures a comprehensive line of garden products. Mr. Bundy founder of Bundy Bumper, Mid America Automotive Products (MAAP) and Ornamental Brass Works, has over 35 years of manufacturing and design experience in metal finished products.
Our products are manufactured to exacting standards demanded by today's consumer with attention to detail and workmanship.
Fig 1. Accessible Rotating Garden
Stepping away from traditional production methods, our plant in Tulsa, Oklahoma, utilizes state-of-the-art production processes. Materials are formed, cut and powder coated with techniques capable of meeting precise tolerances, producing exclusive quality results.
The Rotating Garden allows people to garden who can no longer bend, stoop or kneel. Our planter allows people who would otherwise not physically be able to garden to engage in gardening activities again.
The Rotating Garden provides four planters in one unit 2ft or 3ft. Built in rotational lock, planters are removable, space saving, and are wheelchair accessible. The containers can be detached from the unit and taken indoors.
People of all ages will find themselves without conveniently located outdoor space for gardening. The Rotating Garden is perfect for apartments, patios, balconies, porches, or portions of rooftops where plants can be grown.
Fig 2. Accessible Rotating Garden
Many people today like to grow there own vegetables, herbs, and flowers. Container gardening provides for fresh, nutritious home grown vegetables. Problems with soil borne diseases, nematodes or poor soil can be overcome by switching to container gardening.
Mr. Bundy has also started producing accessories for your Rotating Garden:
- Hummingbird Plant Hanger,
- Cardinal Bird Plant Hanger,
- 2ft Butterfly Garden Light,
- and Accessories Baskets.
The new location for retail sales is 9027 New Sapulpa Rd. Tulsa, Ok. 74131
- 1 - Learning to Fly a Paramotor in a Wheelchair : Paramotor Training (2020/05/13)
- 2 - Happy Potted Plants Delivered by People with Disability Bring Joy to Locals : The Australian Foundation for Disability (Afford) (2020/04/09)
- 3 - Flight Tracking: Listen to Air Traffic Control Radio : Disabled World (2009/01/21)
- 4 - Listen and Track Space Station Space Shuttle and Satellites : Disabled World (2009/01/21)
- 5 - Piloting RC Plane with Toes in Time to Music Played Using Hands Video : Disabled World (2020/04/03)
- 6 - Pilots with Disabilities and Flying with Disability : Disabled World (2009/04/10)
- 7 - Amateur (Ham) Radio Information for Persons with Disability : Disabled World (2012/09/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.