Turnstone Endeavor Games Concludes with National Records Broken
Author: Turnstone Endeavor Games(i) : Contact: turnstone.org
Synopsis and Key Points:
2nd Annual Turnstone Endeavor Games concludes in Fort Wayne, IN after welcoming 150 athletes and coaches from 17 states.
The 2nd Annual Turnstone Endeavor Games recently concluded in Fort Wayne, IN after welcoming 150 athletes and coaches from 17 states.
Many of the athletes broke national records and qualified for national tournaments later this year through their successful performances during the Turnstone Endeavor Games events.
Athletes ages 8-69 gathered at four locations throughout Fort Wayne to compete in nine sports disciplines including: air rifle shooting, boccia, goalball, power soccer, sitting volleyball, swimming, track and field, and wheelchair basketball.
The athletic intensity, accomplishment, and excitement was palpable among participants, spectators, and the 160 volunteers who supported the games throughout the weekend of the competition.
The annual Turnstone Endeavor Games is the first competitive weekend in the Endeavor Games Series which culminates at the 19th Annual University of Central Oklahoma (UCO) Endeavor Games held June 7-10.
The UCO Endeavor Games will feature 10 sports, including archery, air rifle shooting, cycling, powerlifting, 4-on-4 sitting volleyball, swimming, table tennis, track and field, 3-on-3 wheelchair basketball and wheelchair softball.
The Endeavor Games Series is supported by national partners Turnstone Center, University of Central Oklahoma, U.S. Paralympics, Disabled Sports USA, and Hanger Clinic.
The Turnstone Endeavor Games is supported by local partners Visit Fort Wayne and Touchstone Energy Cooperatives-Your Local REMC.
Swimmers poised for start of a swimming race, one of the Turnstone Endeavor Games events.
New National Record Holders Include
- Jay Denning, Nashville, TN, U16 category, seated javelin, 10.19 yards
- Christina Gardner, Lewiston, ME, M35 category, seated discus, 21.17 yards
- Christina Gardner, Lewiston, ME, M35 category, seated shot put, 8.39 yards
- Reid Hester, Louisville, KY, U11 category, standing javelin, 12.89 yards
- Lloyd Howard Jr, Homestead, FL, M35 category, standing javelin, 21.98 yards
- Caytlin Lucas, Edgerton, OH, U14 category, seated shot put, 3.57 yards (Turnstone athlete)
- Randy McMullen, Kent, OH, U23 category, seated discus, 30.12 yards
- Magnolia Peters, Fort Wayne, IN, U16 category, standing shot put, 5.57 yards (Turnstone athlete)
- Zoe Redington, Franklin, TN, U18 category, standing shot put, 2.72 yards
(i)Source/Reference: Turnstone Endeavor Games. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1 - Move United: America's Community Based Adaptive Sports Organization : Susan Rossi (2020/05/05)
- 2 - Rabat the Capital of Morocco to Host African Para Games : The International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2019/04/02)
- 3 - Portable Bocce Courts Could Expand Bocce Playing in Hong Kong : Packaworld (2018/10/15)
- 4 - Goalball UK Trials Revolutionary Portable Goalball Goals : Packaworld (2018/05/07)
- 5 - North Pole to be Made Wheelchair Accessible : Team Independence '09 (2009/03/30)
- 6 - Disability and Gender Equity in Sport : Canadian Heritage (2018/04/25)
- 7 - International Blind Sports Federation Paralympic Qualifier - Fort Wayne, IN - Summer 2019 : Visit Fort Wayne (2018/06/21)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.