Beaterator Now Available in Stores and Download on PlayStation Network
Author: Rockstar Games
Published: 2009-10-03 : (Rev. 2010-07-13)
Beaterator available at retail on UMD and digitally from PlayStation Network internationally on October 2, 2009.
Main DigestRockstar Games Announces Beaterator Now Available In Stores and For Digital Download on PlayStation Network.
Rockstar Games, a publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. ( NASDAQ: TTWO ), is proud to announce that Rockstar Games and Timbaland present Beaterator is now available in North America for Sony's PSP® ( PlayStation®Portable ) system in stores and for digital download on the PlayStation®Network.
Developed by Rockstar Leeds, Beaterator combines the power of music creation with unparalleled ease-of-use and accessibility for people of all ages and skill levels. Beaterator will be available at retail on UMD® and digitally from the PlayStation Network internationally on October 2, 2009.
"Beaterator is a new direction for interactive music," said Sam Houser, Founder of Rockstar Games. "What makes Beaterator truly astounding is that literally anyone can be up and making music within minutes."
"My partnership with Rockstar Games has resulted in something amazing," said Grammy Award-winning producer, Timbaland. "Beaterator puts studio-quality production tools in your pocket, and makes them easy enough for anyone to use."
Beaterator is a professional-level, portable studio that guides users through the process of constructing beats and songs with thousands of loops and sounds made by both Timbaland and Rockstar. Jam in Live Play mode with genre-specific templates, or jump into Song Crafter to compose original drum beats, melodies, and even record vocals. No matter the skill level, Beaterator puts the power to make studio-quality music at peoples' fingertips in a format that's portable, accessible and fun.
Beaterator has received outstanding press across the board: USA Today called Beaterator "a powerful, portable music studio for your back pocket." Wired says Beaterator "teaches children ( and adults ) the fundamentals of song-crafting by removing the sense of intimidation" around music creation. Top digital music site, CreateDigitalMusic claims Beaterator "could be a revelation." MTV exclaimed that Beaterator is "one of the most interesting titles coming to the PSP this year." Gaming site, Kotaku raves "Beaterator is digital music creation made easier." GameSpy elaborated, stating "the difference between Beaterator and these rhythm/music games is that here you're creating music, not imitating it."
Beaterator is rated E for Everyone by the ESRB and will also be available later this fall on the iPhone and iPod® touch. For more information, log onto www.rockstargames.com/beaterator/
About Take-Two Interactive Software
Headquartered in New York City, Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. is a global developer, marketer, distributor and publisher of interactive entertainment software games for the PC, PlayStation®3 ( PS3 ) and PlayStation®2 computer entertainment systems, PSP® ( PlayStation®Portable ) system, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, Wii and Nintendo DS . The Company publishes and develops products through its wholly owned labels Rockstar Games and 2K, which publishes its titles under 2K Games, 2K Sports and 2K Play. Take-Two also distributes software, hardware and accessories in North America through its Jack of All Games subsidiary. The Company's common stock is publicly traded on NASDAQ under the symbol TTWO. For more corporate and product information please visit our website at www.take2games.com
All trademarks and copyrights contained herein are the property of their respective holders.
"PlayStation", "PS" Family logo, "PSP", and "UMD" are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "UMD" is a registered trademark of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
iPhone, iPod and iTunes are trademarks or registered trademarks of Apple Inc.
- 1 - Global Access to Serious Games and Content for Kids Brain Health : The Uncomplicated Family™ (2020/04/02)
- 2 - Play Master Cribbage Online Against Computer Opponent Jake : Disabled World (2010/11/14)
- 3 - Pitch Black: A Dusklight Story - Accessible Audio Game : Pitch Black (2019/10/22)
- 4 - Slot Machine Payouts Are Not Random - Here's Why : Jungle Jim (2014/03/11)
- 5 - World of Warcraft Blamed for Bad mental and Physical health : Matthew Anton (2009/02/09)
- 6 - Free Bubble Shooter Game: Includes Hints and Tips for Playing : Disabled World (2010/02/01)
- 7 - Yahtzee Dice Game: Play Free Online Yahtzee : Disabled World (2012/01/01)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.