NanoSmart Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Receives Patent Allowance for Tumor Targeting Platform Technology
Author: NanoSmart Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Synopsis and Key Points:
NanoSmart Pharmaceuticals has received a Notice of Allowance for a US patent on its proprietary cancer tumor targeting technology.
Main DigestNanoSmart Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a California corporation developing novel bio-pharmaceuticals, is pleased to report that it has received a Notice of Allowance for a US patent on its proprietary cancer tumor targeting technology.
"We have taken an approach to targeting tumors that is different from other companies," said Dr. Henry Smith, CEO of the company. "While most of cancer research has focused on developing antibodies to specific tumor antigens, we realized that it was possible to target normal cellular material that is inappropriately expressed within the tumor mass. Many tumors contain areas of necrosis where dead cells have ruptured and emptied their intracellular material into the extracellular environment. We have developed a fully-human antibody to target this material, and use it as an agent to transport cancer drugs to the tumor site where they would have the most effect."
About the technology:
NanoSmart is developing a novel anti-tumor targeting platform based on fully-human autoimmune antibodies. These antibodies can target areas of necrosis found in many different types of cancer. This cancer tumor targeting system represents a versatile platform technology with many advantages, including improved localization of cancer therapeutics leading to increased safety and efficacy. By combining these antibodies with different cancer drugs, NanoSmart has the potential to develop a very large number of novel bio-pharmaceuticals.
"There are only a handful of companies that have succeeded in developing antibodies that can target tumors," said Dr. Smith. "We are pleased that our company has been successful in its approach and that we have achieved a very significant milestone in securing our intellectual property. The opportunity to help millions of cancer patients doesn't happen too often in one's lifetime."
NanoSmart Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a privately-held company engaged in developing novel methods to treat cancer and other diseases. The company is focused on using its patented tumor targeting antibodies to develop a variety of bio-pharmaceuticals to treat many different types of cancer. This press release may contain forward-looking statements regarding future events. There can be no assurance that such development efforts will succeed; or that the novel bio-pharmaceuticals will receive regulatory clearance or achieve commercial success.
- 1 - Magnetic Nanoparticles May Stop Blood Clot Strokes : Houston Methodist (2015/02/23)
- 2 - Nanoparticles Injected After Spinal Cord Injury Limit Damage, Inflammation and Scarring : Northwestern University (2017/09/05)
- 3 - Preventing Cancer Metastases : Spaser Used to Destroy Tumor Cells : Georgia State University (2017/08/21)
- 4 - New Artificial Retinas Use 2D Materials : American Chemical Society (ACS) (2018/08/25)
- 5 - Dangers of Nanoparticles in the Environment Cause for Concern : University of Southern Denmark (2018/08/22)
- 6 - Nanoparticle Drug Delivery Targets Kidney Diseases : University of Southern California (2018/08/21)
- 7 - Nanoparticle Nanocages: A Golden Bullet for Cancer? : Washington University in St. Louis (2010/03/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.