RadikalDarts - Accessible Dart Playing for People with Disability
Author: Gaelco Darts SL(i) : Contact: radikaldarts.com - radikalplayers.com
Synopsis and Key Points:
RadikalDarts Machine Model 137 is adapted for people in wheelchairs and provides accessible dart playing for the disabled.
RadikalDarts-Gaelco Darts is a Spanish-German company that manufactures darts machines. Recently they developed a darts machine specially adapted for people in wheelchair and have already presented it in a tournament in Germany and also in Spain with a great acceptance.
Darts can be an excellent activity for people in wheelchair, it's a wonderful sport for socializing and interacting with people but also as a light exercise and, definitely, perfect for co-ordination eye-arm-hand and basic mathematics skills. Even more important, darts is a sport that can be enjoyed by many people irrespective age, gender and most disabilities.
5th November 2018 is a date to remember not just for RadikalDarts, but also for all darts lovers and for people that believe in inclusion and sports without barriers. They presented in Kalkar, Germany, their "Model 137", the first darts machine ever made specially for players in wheelchair. With that they opened the door to many people in wheelchairs that would like to play darts - a sport that has no age or gender - but may find it difficult because the height of the darts machines.
A professional darts player plays against a dart player in a wheelchair - professional player plays seated in order to be fair.
Following the presentation in Germany, they presented the darts machine again in April 2019 in their International RadikalDarts Event in Lloret de Mar, Spain, with more than 4500 darts players from 14 countries and from that event on, all their events will feature a "Model 137" for darters in wheelchair.
RadikalDarts Machine Model 137 provides accessible dart playing for people with disabilities.
RadikalDarts-Gaelco Darts in house developed technology, and being pioneers in the industry, allows them to offer what is considered the most advanced darts machine of the world - RadikalDarts.
Their HQ is located in Barcelona, Spain and they have a sales and development offices in Dallas, USA, Horstel-Riesembeck, Germany as well as Wels in Austria.
They are currently exporting RadikalDarts machines to 20 countries and already 600,000 people around the world play using their dart machines.
They strongly believe darts can be one of the most inclusive sports, and try to promote it as much as possible.
(i)Source/Reference: Gaelco Darts SL. Disabled World makes no warranties or representations in connection therewith. Content may have been edited for style, clarity or length.
- 1: Santiago 2023 Parapan American Games : International Paralympic Committee (IPC) (2020/12/16)
- 2: Preventing Baseball and Softball Injuries : Kessler Institute for Rehabilitation (2011/03/30)
- 3: RadikalDarts - Accessible Dart Playing for People with Disability : Gaelco Darts SL (2019/05/01)
- 4: Cricket for the Blind : Disabled World (2012/08/17)
- 5: Disability Archery and Bowhunting : Thomas C. Weiss (2009/06/29)
- 6: National Sports Center for Disabled : Alfred (2008/12/11)
- 7: Blind Golf: Golfing for the Blind : Disabled World (2015/03/07)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World. Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.