The Disability Download Podcasts
Author: Disabled World
Contact : www.disabled-world.com
A series of podcasts known as The Disability Download, brought to you by pan-disability charity Leonard Cheshire, that respond to topics, stories and conversations about disabilities.
- Accessible and assistive technology can transform the lives of disabled people, both personally and professionally.
- Earlier this year, LEGO announced that it was piloting its very own braille bricks, designed to encourage inclusive play and improve the learning experience for visually impaired children.
The Disability Download is brought to you by pan-disability charity Leonard Cheshire The Disability Download Podasts respond to current topics, share stories and open up conversations about disability.
Leonard Cheshire are a charity supporting individuals to live, learn and work as independently as they choose, whatever their ability.
If you know of podcasts pertaining to disability and health topics you think we should list please let us know.
Podcast microphone with simulated radio wave in orange color.
Social Care Special
Cathy chats to award-winning journalist and campaigner, Frances Ryan about austerity, benefits and representation of disabled people in the media. Audiobook of 'Crippled: Austerity and the demonization of disabled people'.
Countdown to the Paralympics
It's officially a year to go until Tokyo 2020. To mark the countdown, we chat to Leonard Cheshire Ambassador and Paralympian Olivia Breen at the Superhero Series Triathlon in Windsor, and also Paralympian Judoko Christopher Skel...
Disability Hate Crime
It's Hate Crime Awareness Week, we join the national conversation by talking to Disability Rights Activist Joshua Reeves, Influencer and Blogger Emily Davison, aka Fashioneyesta and Terrence McCorry, Disability Hate Crime Advocates.
Inclusive play with LEGO braille bricks
Earlier this year, LEGO announced that it was piloting its very own braille bricks, designed to encourage inclusive play and improve the learning experience for visually impaired children.
Celebrating International Day of People with Disabilities
This episode of The Disability Download we're taking the time to talk about some of our international work. We chat to Phil Hanks.
Talking Assistive Tech
Accessible and assistive technology can transform the lives of disabled people, both personally and professionally. In this episode of The Disability Download, we're talking all things assistive tech.
Is fashion accessible enough?
As London Fashion Week has just come to a close, we wanted to take the time in this episode to showcase some of the emerging talent that is working to make the fashion and beauty industry more inclusive and diverse.
International Women's Day with Judy Heumann
In this episode of The Disability Download, Selina Mills chats to disability rights campaigner Judy Heumann about writing her memoir, International Women's Day and her new documentary film on Netflix: Crip Camp.
All the above PodCasts can be accessed at https://the-disability-download.simplecast.com/episodes
- 1 - The Disability Download Podcasts : Disabled World (2020/03/17)
- 2 - Life Beyond Visual Impairment Podcasts : Disabled World (2020/02/28)
- 3 - All Inclusive: Podcast on Inclusion, Innovation and Social Justice : Ruderman Family Foundation (2019/02/11)
- 4 - Unseen But Heard: State Solutions for Non-Visible Disabilities in the Workplace : OSUCHLUCK Productions (2019/02/21)
- 5 - New Perspective on Disability Employment Podcast : Disability Employment Awareness Month (2010/10/05)
- 6 - SpeakOn: Audio and Text Media Screen Readers : Disabled World (2009/09/26)