Treatment for Tetracycline Stains on Teeth
Author: Smile in the City
Synopsis and Key Points:
Smile in the City provides advanced, effective treatment options for stained teeth caused by tetracycline.
Main DigestSmile in the City, Top New York Cosmetic Dentist Office, Offers Treatment for Tetracycline Stains - Leading New York dentists at Smile in the City provides advanced, effective treatment options for stained teeth caused by tetracycline.
Smile in the City, a Manhattan dentist office specializing in cosmetic dentistry, laser dentistry and periodontics, recently performed dental treatments on two patients with stained teeth caused by tetracycline. Tetracycline is a drug used to treat bacterial infections. Both patients were affected by the drug through their mothers' use during pregnancy, which caused their teeth to be permanently stained.
"At Smile in the City, we understand that each patient's needs are unique," said Dr. Joseph Zelig, Board Certified periodontist at Smile in the City. "When a patient came to us after a previous dentist couldn't achieve her desired results - for her new crown to match the rest of her stained teeth caused by tetracycline - we welcomed the challenge and worked closely with her to produce the smile she wanted. Thanks to advanced dental technology and skilled training, we custom stained the crown in-office within an hour, so she could enjoy her improved smile in just one appointment."
When used during pregnancy or in babies and children up to 8 years old, tetracycline can cause teeth to become permanently stained. Adults with permanently stained teeth due to tetracycline can come to Smile in the City for the results they want, even if they do not want perfectly white teeth.
The New York dentists at Smile in the City offer a wide range of cosmetic dental services, including one-visit crowns, teeth whitening, laser periodontics, full mouth reconstruction and other dental treatments customized to meet patients' needs.
"We want our patients to feel comfortable and be healthy in their smiles," said Dr. Zelig. "Stained teeth caused by tetracycline are a very real and unfortunate side effect. The Smile in the City team is committed to keeping our patients happy and healthy, achieving the results they deserve through the most advanced dental treatment and specialized expertise."
About Smile in the City: Smile in the City (www.smileinthecity.com) is a Manhattan-based dental practice dedicated to providing the best in cosmetic dentistry. New York patients can receive the latest in laser dental procedures and periodontal treatments from a top New York City dentist at Smile in the City.
- 1 - Children Should Use Fluoridated Toothpaste : University of Manchester (2010/01/20)
- 2 - Home Teeth Whitening Options for Stained or Yellow Teeth : Disabled World (2009/03/16)
- 3 - Common Foods and Drinks that Stain Teeth : Disabled World (2012/09/11)
- 4 - Get Rid of Coffee Stains On Teeth : Disabled World (2009/03/16)
- 5 - When Should I Start Taking My Child to the Dentist : Disabled World (2010/08/07)
- 6 - Do Teeth Whitening Kits Really Work : Disabled World (2009/03/16)
- 7 - Home Teeth Whitening Reduces Tooth Enamel : Journal of Dentistry (2009/04/14)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.