Nancy Pelosi Fears Violence
Author: Disabled World
Published: 2009-09-25 : (Rev. 2016-09-24)
Synopsis and Key Points:
A Guest Blog about Nancy Pelosis fears that political turmoil will turn to violence in America.
House Speaker Nancy Pelosi recently invoked the grim specter of political violence, arguing that today's angry political climate could cause people to cross the line from heated talk to dangerous actions.
The most terrifying thing about this is that Nancy Pelosi and Barack Obama themselves could be perceived as people who are, 'deranged loners,' who are, 'capable of violence.'
Both of these people have repeatedly attacked American Citizens through extremely negative statements.
What is even more frightening is that these people are not alone in that additional people in positions of power in the government have taken a similar approach in their perspectives of Americans.
The complete marginalization of people with disabilities might seem like something that is insignificant in America as all of these major issues such as health care reform, nuclear weapons in Iran, North Korea, and the many actions of the Obama Administration itself continue to present themselves in conjunction with the economy. To me it stands out like a giant red sore on the American soul.
When you shove aside the most vulnerable of America's citizens in favor of your own woes, it is the clearest sign of all that your nation is suffering as a whole. When your nation cannot take care of its own, your nation is living with incompetent and incapable leadership. Ted Kennedy would be ashamed, as would Ms. Shriver.
America has such leadership today, and Party Politics does not matter. Instead of providing for and caring for the most vulnerable of American citizens, America's leadership is cutting back on the services to provide for them. Instead of enhancing the freedoms of America's most vulnerable citizens, people with disabilities, the Obama Administration is cutting services - forcing them into institutions while claiming a, 'victory,' through health care reform.
For families with members who are disabled, this is a travesty. For families who have sons and daughters fighting in the war in Afghanistan, this means that their same sons and daughters will go to war with the potential to come home with a disability, only to be placed in an institution with decreased funding. For people with disabilities - one-fifth of this nation's population, this means that $500 (B)illion dollars are about to be cut from Medicare, even as President Obama and this administration continues to ignore the Community Choice Act that would cost less and keep us in our own homes and communities, placing us in institutions such as nursing homes with less funding and less freedom, all while claiming a health care reform, 'victory.'
I am letting my license to practice expire, not that I am at the top of the health care heap. My wife is a nurse - she will go to jail before she is forced to vaccinate anyone with the H1N1 flu vaccine against their will. If they choose to accept the vaccine, that is their choice.
An America that cannot take care of its most vulnerable citizens isn't worth squat from a leadership perspective - I don't care what, 'Party,' is in power - Republican or Democrat.
- 1 - Adaptive Clothing for People with Down Syndrome by Ashley : Disabled World (2013/09/14)
- 2 - People First Language: An Oppositional Viewpoint : Cathy Jones (2015/01/13)
- 3 - My Disabled Holiday : Caylee Shea (2016/12/17)
- 4 - I Got More Help at The Cinema Than the Optician! : Daniel Williams (2020/02/28)
- 5 - When You Are Scared or No Longer Care - Mental Illness and Violence : Thomas C. Weiss (2015/11/15)
- 6 - What-Up Birds? A Heartwarming SOFTIN Memory : Capt. David Bacon, Executive Director, SOFTIN (2010/02/01)
- 7 - How to Develop Self Discipline : Rosemarie Rossetti, Ph.D. (2008/02/01)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.