Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis Partners With Jelmar to Package Environmentally Safe Cleaning Product Sold Internationally
Author: Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis : Contact: www.lhbindustries.com
Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis partners with Jelmar company of Skokie, Illinois, to fill and ship bottles of CLR, a safe calcium, lime and rust remover product.
Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (LHB), a not-for-profit manufacturing and packaging organization with a dedicated social service mission (www.lhbindustries.com), has partnered with the Jelmar company of Skokie, Illinois, to fill and ship bottles of CLR, Jelmar's environmentally safe calcium, lime and rust remover product.
"The Lighthouse is very proud to add the internationally known brand CLR to our liquid fill product operations," said Lighthouse President John Thompson. "CLR is an environmentally safe and effective product that dissolves calcium, lime and rust stains from bathtubs, toilet bowls, sinks, glass, chrome, fiberglass, stainless steel and many other surfaces."
"CLR is approved for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's Safer Choice Program and the U.S. Department of Agriculture's BioPreferred program. It is a popular product used by consumers, business and government customers," Thompson said.
"We have begun filling 28 ounce and one gallon bottles, and five gallon pails, of CLR at our plant in Berkeley, Missouri, in St. Louis County for Jelmar's government customers. We hope to add additional sizes as the government business grows," said Brian Houser, Lighthouse director of sales and marketing. "We are excited about this new product addition and sales opportunity."
Financial terms of the partnership between LHB and Jelmar, LLC are not disclosed. Alison Gutterman, president of Jelmar, is the third generation Gutterman to run the family-owned company founded in the late 1960s. Jelmar is a certified woman-owned minority business that produces and sells more than a dozen well-known cleaning products through a network of retailers in the U.S, Canada and overseas. (www.jelmar.com/).
Earlier this year, Jelmar was honored with "The Safer Choice U.S. EPA 2015 Partner of the Year" recognition for outstanding leadership in advancing safer products in the EPA's Formulator, Manufacturer Category.
Founded in 1933, LHB is a non-profit 501(c)3 enterprise that helps children and adults who are visually impaired maintain dignity and independence by offering employment, education and support services. LHB employees assemble, warehouse and sell high-quality products including first aid kits, medical kits, catheters, aerosol and liquid paints, aerosol and liquid cleaning products, eco-friendly products and many others, including Quake Kare emergency survival kits and Tear Mender fabric and leather adhesive products.
All sales revenues directly support Lighthouse programs including;
- Professional Career Development;
- Special Technology and Adaptive Resources for Students (STARS);
- Summer Jobs for Students;
- Continuing Education;
- Arts & Entertainment Accessibility; Low Vision Aid;
- And other programs available for individuals who are legally blind and visually impaired in Missouri and Southwestern Illinois.
For information, contact Brittney Smithers, Marketing Manager, at 800.542.3697 or 314.423.4333, or see the websites www.lhbindustries.com,www.quakekare.com or https://www.tearmender.com
- 1 - ILCSC Provides Essential Services to Persons with Disabilities During Covid-19 Pandemic Emergency : ILCSC (2020/05/20)
- 2 - Year of Making a Difference: St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired : St. Louis Society for the Blind and Visually Impaired (2012/01/08)
- 3 - Federal State of the Union - NCD : National Council on Disability (2011/11/01)
- 4 - LHB Industries, Inc. Gains ISO9001:2015 Certificate for Quality Management Standards : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2018/04/06)
- 5 - Enhancing Technology Access and Education for People with Disabilities : Comcast Corporation (2014/02/28)
- 6 - Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis Acquires Assets of Badge Magic : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2018/09/27)
- 7 - Lighthouse for the Blind Saint Louis Launches S.O.A.R. Program at Webster University : Lighthouse for the Blind-Saint Louis (2014/06/13)
• Disabled World is strictly a news and information website provided for general informational purpose only and does not constitute medical advice. Materials presented are in no way meant to be a substitute for professional medical care by a qualified practitioner, nor should they be construed as such. Any 3rd party offering or advertising on disabled-world.com does not constitute endorsement by Disabled World.
• Please report outdated or inaccurate information to us.